Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you deal with an abusive father (to my baby) and by court order he is allowed to see her?

Answer Question

Asked by sionach at 11:50 AM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • Call the police on him when he abuses her and then take humm back to court

    Answer by stepmom929 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

  • Call the police, get proof like pics, then take him to court and get a restraining order while you do all that. The court should not allow him to see the baby if he has abusive tendencies.

    Answer by preacherskid at 1:11 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

  • I would keep myself and the kiddo away from him. If the court awards him visitation then he can see her, although if he is abusing her and you have proof of some sort then they would probably give him supervised visitation time while somebody would be there during the visit to make sure the kiddo was safe.
    The suggestions to call the police are good. You could also take her to the police station and make a report that it has happened so if he does take you to court about it that you have that on record. Remember to report it every time he hurts her. It will build a stronger case to keep her safe from him in the long run.

    Answer by LisaPisa at 1:31 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

  • it doesnt matter too much whether you call the police or go to the station. no matter where you live, any allegation of child abuse, MUST be investigated!! the other ladies are absolutely right, make sure you have proof!! you may get some jerk judge who believes your man's claims that you're lying, cuz we all know thats what he's gonna say in court, unless you have proof to back the allegation up. if it were me, i wouldnt let him in the same house as my child, but i dont know your home situation, but keep him as far away from your baby as possible. good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Answer by robbinsme at 2:04 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

  • Move away. or have him killed. he would never touch my baby.

    Answer by forevermom75 at 2:44 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

  • I'd get proof and do whatever possible to keep my child away from him. It's horrible to abuse another person but even more so on a baby/child who cannot defend themselves. People like that sicken me.

    Answer by MommyLee08 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

  • you have to do something that is ur baby and u need to protect her and send his ass to jail nope he will go to jail he wont be able to see her if u can prove abuse GOOD JOB FOR SEEKING HELP ULL DO THE RIGHT THING:)

    Answer by 16yearoldmom92 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

  • get an attourney and fight it. Some states offer help for free for abused women including attourneys

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

  • Canada

    Answer by Laura1229 at 6:16 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Babies (0-12 months)
a few questions?..

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
boobs leaking....