Why do you think

so many people have just rolled over to Obama and the democrats taking over American lives? They want to get their hands into all aspects of our free society. So many libs are just blind to the truth. Why can't they see Obama is more of a socialist/communist than any other president in history?

goodwitch399

Asked by goodwitch399 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• By the way, OP, Obama is a very middle of the road Democrat. He is not further left than most Dems, just further left than most conservatives. Consider your point of view before making sweeping generalizations.

Obama is very far left. No way in the middle. The dems who are in the middle are bucking him.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:47 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Because they are still buying the idea that HE can make their life easier and better. Too much faith in government I suppose.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• First, there is a difference between communism and socialism. Socialism, when implemented correctly, can be a very beneficial way to run government. (See Norway.) Communism includes these types of economic policies extending into the political arena. I personally use www.senate.gov, www.whitehouse.gov, and www.house.gov to keep myself informed. As of today I have seen absolutely nothing to suggest that Communism is being implemented into our current system.

As for socialism, did it ever occur to you that a lot of the people in this nation aren't buying into the "socialism is a horrible thing" and finally realized that it's NOT that bad? I AM a socialist. I believe that a lot of socialist programs could greatly benefit this country - if we could just stop policing the world.

cont...
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 12:21 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Obama is NOT the most socialist president in the history of the US. I'd delve more into this but I have to go... I'll come back later.
    Jafra_mommy

• I am not buying the idea that one man can make it better or easier. However, I am giving him a shot since our last leader did such an awful job. Really can it get any worse than what Bush did to the country!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Damn liberals and their damn socialist programs. No more social security, medicare, public libraries, welfare, roads, parks, education. Even the military is taxpayer funded. Thanks by the way, for providing this "lib" and her "lib" active duty husband with a paycheck and Tricare benefits. I appreciate that because he's deployed and pays no income taxes. However, he still pays into those socialist and medicare programs.

Libs. Libs..Libs..What a "cool" word.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Because they are greedy, lazy, people who see this as a way to get money sent to them and they didn't have to do anything but sit back and collect all that dough. Conservatives tell them to get off there lazy butts and go to work. If you want something, go earn the money. Liberals tell them that they are too underprivaledged to go get a job. The rich have held them down. You just sit down and relax. We'll tax those bad rich people and give the money to you. They have no understanding that there is no way to tax the working class enough to fund the US Treasury. The government will HAVE to take over everything and become the owner who gets the profits. Getting the money will be just like the cash for clunkers - 80% of claims are denied and unpaid. How are you going to get your check then?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Those of you who are giving him a chance....what you are saying is you are giving socialism a chance to be run in this country.....

and no way in hell are we who did not vote for Obama will ever agree to be a socialist country.

SO no way in giving Obama any chances on his socialistic policies!

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 12:37 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Damn liberals and their damn socialist programs. No more social security, medicare, public libraries, welfare, roads, parks, education

Please explain to me what RIGHTS were taken away by these programs? To equate a few socialistic programs with socialism just shows ignorance.

Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Not to mention most of those are State not federal government carpy

Really can it get any worse than what Bush did to the country! ~ um duh YES not all 'change' means GOOD change ya know
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:47 PM on Aug. 22, 2009