Talking to an Air Force Recuiter

My husband has been thinking about the Air Force for a while now (since we've been together, honestly...), and he's finally going to talk to a recruiter on Monday.

Is there anything any of you with husbands in the military would suggest when it comes to talking to a recruiter - any sort of questions he should ask, or things he should make sure he does/says?

We just want to be sure he covers all his bases and goes into this with a good understanding of what he's doing and what it entails (if he decides to do go into it), if you get what I mean, so any advice would be highly appreciated!

-thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• As a military retiree of 22.5 years, a recruiter does not always paint the true picture. Make sure that he finds out what he will be doing and if this is full time...ask about the dream list. This is a list of places you want to go but know that it is only a dream list and you will go where they truly want you. Sometime is you do well in bootcamp, they will let the higest graduate get first choice and so on. Make sure that you ask about BAQ (which is living expenses) as you will have to have a place to live. These are just a few idea so if you need any more information, let me know.
    ayers65

Answer by ayers65 at 12:31 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• just be aware that not all recruiter's are honest with everything they tell you.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:14 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I would suggest that he talk to some members of the Air Force before making any decisions; pp is right, those recruiters are not always honest, and will say what they think you want to hear. As long as he is aware that he could ship out and he wants to go in for the right reasons(not the pay or sign on bonus) he will do okay.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:31 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• (OP here) Thanks so much for the answers so far, everyone, I'll be back later tonight to check some more!

Much appreciated!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Aug. 22, 2009