what is the difference between a Chi flat iron and a revlon flat iron. I have a revlon one that I paid $35 for and it does a pretty good job. what does the Chi do that the others dont? Thanks.

proudmomma777

Asked by proudmomma777 at 12:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• OMG! Dont get me started on this one! I have a Chi-turbo. I paid $135 off ebay. It does ok. What you need to buy is a paul mitchel with "ion shine" plates. The differance is your hair will look fried from a $35 iron. It's doesnt put protien back in your hair and it sticks to the plates. My chi is ok, but it doesnt have the ion plates on it. My sister has the paul mitchel (about $120) and it's the bomb!! You wont ever pick up that cheap iron again. I can always tell when some one has used a cheap iron. Their hair isnt silky and shiney, it's just straight. And it's killing it. (my sister is a hair dresser) Those other ones dont get hot enough either.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 2:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• true, some irons get hotter, faster than others..and sometimes the more expensive ones are better...sometimes they're just more expensive. the real truth is, any hot tool, used over and over, will fry your hair. ANY HOT TOOL used repeatedly. you can use the sprays to combat overdrying/overfrying; they help, but certainly do not protect 100%. the best option for your hair is regular trimmings, regular conditioning, and switching your styling options periodically. go easy on the high-heat tools. give your hair a break..or it will break eventually! (btw..no tool 'puts protein back into the hair'-that is false advertising.)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 3:11 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Thank you hairnazi!!! I couldn't have said it better myself!
    KaireasMommy

Answer by KaireasMommy at 7:41 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• "It's doesnt put protien back in your hair and it sticks to the plates."
    Don't think it works like that..
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 12:22 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• there is a brand from Sally Beauty Supply called generic brand products or something like that..... anyway, my cousin has it and it gets just as hot as a CHI and costs like half. It even has a knob to control the temp(hotter or cooler)
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 12:29 AM on Aug. 26, 2009