mom's who have went back to college after haveing children

I am wondering how everybody payed for college and what kind of grants and loans did you get and how much where they.How much did your college cost you per year.And how did you support your family while you where in college did anybody have any jobs and what kinds of jobs did you have.The reason I am asking is becouse I plan on going to school in January so I am trying to get a good ideal about how mom's went to school and also supported there family.

cjray77

Asked by cjray77 at 12:37 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in

• I started back to school when my son was 6mos.He is 6 now and also has two siblings as well.BUT I use to work on weekends and did classes during the week and often online. Up till now which I will discuss in a minute I got grants which covered my tution and books and even lefts a good $500 after that! I am not married to their dad so I qualify based on my income even though without grants I would not be able to go to school because we could not afford it!

I just started my Medical Radiography Program FT Aug 3rd. Now up to this point I have most taken no more than 3 classes and mostly online so child care was never an issue. Well now I go FT during the day its a pretty intense porogram. My tution and books again are still covered by grants. BUT child care is why I am having to take loans out. It appears about 2,000 every semester!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:59 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I go to class all morning and then I go into work until 8pm, then I go home and spend time with my DD and DH. Once DD goes to bed then I do my homework. I didn't get any grants, my husband makes too much money. We are paying for my schooling with Stafford Loans and the savings account.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Sorry couldn't fit it all so....As far as cost for FT my program is 4,000 a year. So about 8.000 for the entire program. Every college varies but in AZ the comunity college is about $71 per credit hour which isn't too bad. My SO works FT so as of now I am a FT student that is also a SAHM! Hope I helped!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 1:02 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I am pregnant with my third and started back last spring semester at school. I found out I was pregnant mid semester and still planned on attending through this fall. I do receive federal aid to help me pay for school. I go to a private university so my tuition is around $9,000 per semester. I also have a partial scholarship for getting good grades which always helps.
    Princefan6684

Answer by Princefan6684 at 1:05 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I go to school in the morning, then go to work. I study when the kids go to bed and on my off day's. I get financial aid. But i didnt at first. I had to re-do it and put separated on there b/c when your married you cant get crap for help! A community college is about $100 a credit hour. My chemistry book was $370. Ouch. It's not cheap, but you can get loans too.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 2:12 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I'm going back to school this semester. My daughter is 9 months. Right now I'll be taking an online class. In october Ill be taking an actualy in-class class. I paid for my online class myself because my Fafsa hasn't gone through yet....my fault for doing everything late. I dont think it'll cover my october class so i might have to pay for that myself. So hopefully ill be able to get it for next semester. I dont know if I'd be able to get any loans. My credit sucks. Hubby's isnt so bad though. Im trying to stay away from that route if possible.

Hubby's all for me going back to school since he doesnt want to. He's excited for me since he knows how bad I've wanted to go back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I never married my ex (thank goodness) and so I got federal and state grants that paid for my entire schooling. I also got scholarships for having a high GPA. Like the other lady, I had some money left over and so I bought this computer which helped tremendously with study.
    happychick2525

Answer by happychick2525 at 1:16 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

Next question in
is there another site? ( school)

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
follow up