what do I do when am at a party with people I dont know?

help.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Entertainment

• Oh I hate that. I have found myself in this situation many times, and as the pp said, stand near a hotspot. Usually the people are nice enough they wont just let you stand there, they will try and include you and get to know you.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• It depends on your personality.
    If you're open and not shy... just dive right in. If you're shy... kind of stand in a "hotspot" where there's a group of people chatting it up. Don't get close, or they'll kind of be creeped out... lol. But, if you hear something interesting - or maybe it reminds you of something, etc, etc... Just step in and say "I didn't even mean to eavesdrop, but i couldn't help but hearing..." etc.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 12:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• strike up a conversation with someone, that's what parties are for.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 12:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Drink.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:49 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Have a couple drinks, loosen up a little. Then as was said already...stand in a hot spot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Compliment another girl on her shoes and you will have instant conversation. Find someone you think you will have something in common with. You can always talk about the kids if they have some too. Smile and look friendly.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 2:10 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I think this is why I never went out often....I have developed social anxiety because of this very situation and no one ever coming over to talk. If I'm by myself I'm either very near the door to "exit" quickly, or I'm off in a corner...girls were never nice to me, no matter how I tried to speak, so I inverted and became extremely shy....hopefully, you will have better luck!!:}
    jessemo6

Answer by jessemo6 at 6:01 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I stand by the food and graze. LOL, I really do. But i always try to mingle as well. Sometimes you just have to dive in. If you don't know them, will you ever see them again anyway?
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 11:17 PM on Aug. 22, 2009