Walmart...K-mart...Target...

Am I a snob? I do not like to buy my daughters clothes at the afore mentioned places. I prefer Macy's... Nordstroms...Dillards and other boutique styles shops. I have friends who get all the kids clothes at the Wal-marts and such. I do not feel the quality is the same. I get alot of compliments on my daughters apearance and I take pride in that. And don't even get me started on shoes!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Shopping

• you are totally right! The quality is in a legue of its own. I can buy the most expensive shoes walmart offers and they wont last me more than 6 months I wen to kohls and got a pair of name brand tenniss shoes for only a dollar or two more than walmarts most expensive shoes and after 8 months they still show almost NO wear. I dont think it makes you a snob as long as you arent looking down your nose at those of us who do shop at those places. The fact is if you shop weekend slaes adn power hour specials at macys the prices arent that much higher than walmart and you do get a much higher quality for the little extra money you spend
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 12:56 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Total superficial snob. But I am sure you are a really nice person :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• If you have the money to blow then that is fine. A LOT of other people aren't as fortunate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• yep you are....I shop all sorts of places and I don't have an issues with target clothes but Wal-Marts clothing just isn't durable. My kids look nice and I get compliments all the time but I am a bargain shopper and I don't shop at any pricey places. I am also teaching my kids money doesn't grow on trees and don't want them to expect top of line clothes and shoes all the time. My kids do wear name brand shoes but all their clothes do not have to be named brand but a good portion our but since I shop around I probably spent less than on their entire wardrobe what you spend on one outfit! I also have 3 kids. I also don't need my kids looking down at others as they get older because they always wear "name brands"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I personally do not see the sense in spending alot of money on my kid's clothes. I have boycotted WalMart, but I have no shame in shopping at KMart or Target.
    LuvMyBoyzz

Answer by LuvMyBoyzz at 12:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• *shrugs* It does make you sound a little like a snob... :]
    Me? I get clothes wherever. If I like how it looks.. then I'll get it.
    And... a little FYI. Those stores you mentioned - carry clothes like the brand Carter's - where it is ALSO supplied in Nordstrom's, Macy's, Kohl's, and JcPenney... so...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Oh, I wouldn't say you are a snob, but you probably obsess over what other people think of you.
    LuvMyBoyzz

Answer by LuvMyBoyzz at 12:55 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• You can't determine if a person is a snob by they way they dress their kids. I buy my step-daughter clothes from everywhere. I would rather get a good deal so therefore I shop clearance racks at Macy's, JC Penny's & places like that but I also shop at Wal-Mart, Ross & TJ Maxx. I don't think it makes you a snob but I also don't see a difference in the quality either way. As long as you take care of your stuff it will last no matter where you got it. If I could afford designer stuff all the time i'd probably be buying it too, but thats not the way it works around here. We get what we can and I think that what he have is pretty good. My step-daughter is very well dressed & it's cheap. Back to your question though: No, I don't think it makes you a snob. If your however was the "i'm better than you because I have expensive things" then yeah that would definately make you a SNOB!
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 12:57 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I don't see a problem with it. Just because you take pride in yours and your kids appearances doesn't mean your better or that anyone who shops at the stores you mentioned, are less better parents. I prefer Target, Kohl's, Ross, Boston Store....If I could afford it, I'd go to the other stores....I don't care. I just care that the quality is good and the price is right.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 1:01 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I love Nordstrom and Dillard's too but I'm poor these days lol. I get my 14 month old's clothes from Walmart or Target because he can only wear them for a few months before they no longer fit. My teenagers can do Old Navy or JC Penney or Marshall's, they're actually comparable to Target or Walmart if you catch a good sale. I do like brand name shoes so I don't skimp on those unless they're just cheap thongs.

If you can afford it, shop where you want.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 1:02 PM on Aug. 22, 2009