we are going to try to have another baby.

Me and DH have been married for 17 years and we have a beautiful 16 year old son. We recently decided to have another baby. My question is that obviuosly my son knows that in order for me to get prego mom and dad have to do it. We are obviously going to start having sex alot more often. My son starts school soon and after school he usually comes straight home. Now i dont want to be weird but should i chat with my son first to prepare him for the fact that mom and dad are going to spending alot of time in the bedroom i know no kid wants to think or know his parents are having sex. I mean we are going to be having sex almost everyday untill i get prego and it my family thats no easy thing lol. I mean ow do you guys suggest going about having sex all the time and trying to get prego with a 16 year old son at the house.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• go for it. he knows where babies come from and how they are made lol. no need to be shy i would just be quiet bc it might make him feel uncomfy when hes around u. b4 u wanted another baby did u not have sex when ur son was home?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I'm in the same. My only daughter is seventeen. And, I've struggled with baby fever ever since. It's just that I couldn't let the obsession show because of the needs of the relation that I was in, that there was too much need for money. (Not that we were poor, but as a single mother - with long time and never married fiance- I had to really stay strict and careful to keep everything together.) My daughter has asked me many times for a sibling that I so much wanted but was too strapped by life to deliver. So when I was 39, turned 40, I freaked. I wanted a baby so badly that I went to another man to get pregnant. There was no pregnancy and the relation didn't last. Now, I am so deep into work, and the initial boyfriend is now 49. Now I'm accepting the truth (with some mild depression). I'm only 41, and taking fertility tests just out of curiosity and hope (maybe false hope because of circumstances).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I mean sure we have had sex when he was at home. But we usually tried not to honestly we have been married for 17 years our sex life isnt what is use to be we have sex really only on saturday I mean we will do it atleast two or three times on saturday but thats really the only day we have sex i know it sounds bad but it is what it is lol and normally yes my son is out of the house. But know and expecially with my familt its difficult for us to get pregnant we are going to have to have ALOT of sex and YES i am a LOUD MOANER cant help it thats why usually we do when our son is out of the house or whatever.
    Anonymous

• well if ur son is mature just talk to him about it. if ur son is NOT mature then maybe u know a friend of the fam or maybe some fam close around he could go stay with and still get to school? umm send him out to the mall or to do something so u can do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• lol ok im the mom trying to concieve ebough with the anonymous i want to know how im talking to LOL. Hes 16 he is too old for me to stick him at my parents house or something like that. Im going to send him to the mall everyday thats going to get expensive isnt it LOL. Really i need some advice here what do you guys suggest lol.
    lilone917

Answer by lilone917 at 1:36 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• unless you want to be paying for therapy I would NOT reccomend telling him "hey everytime we are in teh bedroom we're doing it" Tell him you are going to try to have anothe rbaby and leave it at that and be respectful to the fact that he is your first child and should feel comfortable with this. You dont need to run off to the bedroom every ten minutes once at bedtime adn once in the morning should suffice. I understand wanting another baby but you first child shouldnt be made to feel uncomfrotable because of your own desires. He doesnt need to know the details of your sex life keep it in the bedroom its a private matter and just because you ate TTC deosnt mean you need to bring him in to it. You dont need to have sex "all the time" to get pregnant in fact teh current recommendation is once every other day. Its important that your 16 year old doesnt feel left behind because of the new baby or the process of making the new baby
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 1:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• do it at bedtime or set the alarm and do it in the morning before he wakes up
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 1:44 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• we were told twice every other day as opposed to every day, but either way thats still a lot more than we do it currently like i said before lol. I agree with most of what you said look at my son isnt he a cutie lol. ( the one to my left in the pic) Hes my pride and joy and i love my son to no end he will not suffer at all as a reult of this truth of the mater is i figured it will take us a few months to get pregnant and then i will be prego for 9 months. My son is a jr in high school. So by the time the new baby is born he will almost be out of the house going away to college. This reason im asking this question is because i dont want my son to be embarrased or uncomfortable with the fact that mom and dad are having sex twice every other day and like isiad im a moaner i cant help it LOL.
    lilone917

Answer by lilone917 at 1:51 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• we wake up early and go to bed normally beofre ous son does so if your suggestion is that he wont he us because he sleeping we are asleep first I get to work at 6 AM so im usually sleeping first lol.
    lilone917

Answer by lilone917 at 1:52 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I've got a 16 year old dd in addition to a 2yr old n 3 wk old-she didn't know about ttc either time-when I found out I was expecting-we told her-no need to tell personal bedroom talk
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Aug. 22, 2009