do your kids wear white?

After my firstborn was about 3mos old, I swore off white. I do not buy them (except socks) any white or shirts with white collars or stripes even. It saves time and sanity and even a little money I think. I guess when they're 8 or so I'll incorporate it into their wardrobes slowly. They occasionally get white clothes/tops from family as gifts and I let them wear it until it's stained, then I wash it and donate it or use it as a dusting rag. My kids are 3 & 4... dirt and food loves them

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 1:28 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Shopping

• my son is 4, i wont buy white, except socks (i buy the ones with black/blue soles that dont show stains) and undies... the grandmas still buy him some white shirts but we just pitch them when they get too stained, i dont even worry about it at all, dh is the laundry person in my house.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:00 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Sometimes. We try to stay away from light colored clothes for the most part. I'm pretty good at getting stains out though so I've managed to save several of my daughter's dresses before by doing a really good pre-treating.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 1:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• i dont buy white for my 1 year old but i let him wear it when he gets it and I always always regret it
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 6:06 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Only for a picture! lol. Actually, now that they are older we can probably start wearing it now. But on babies....yes, stains are hard to get out.
    toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 2:49 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• haha don't count on 8 year olds wearing white either!! I have 3 boys and none of them can wear white and keep it looking nice!! In fact my hubby and I can't either!! lol!
    threeboysmama

Answer by threeboysmama at 8:16 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• She has some white t-shirts that now have paint stains from the schools lack of smocks all the time. So she wears them to paint in the house.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:57 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Mine wear white undershirts every day,and most of their socks are white. I would say that they have a good amount of white shirts or shirts with white on them (about 8-10) each.

I can get most every stain out with oxyclean, shout advanced, or the clorox bleach pen. Honestly the hardest colors for my kiddos are navy blue, because they seem to fade well before they are worn out or they grow out of it, or they get fabric softener spots.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 11:20 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Well I don't ban white at our house. I also just assume that a white shirt will get ruined. I do use those Stain Devils stain removers a lot though. They work for even set in stains a lot of the time. As long as I have the correct formula, as there are I think 12 or so of them. We try to keep in the house the ones for Chocolate and Cola, Spaghetti Sauce and Katchup, and Oil and grease. Those are our main three. They do have them for formula and baby food too.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 12:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My kids have white jeans and white pants and I let them wear it to the grocery store because I put them in a double cart. They don't get dirty by just being pushed around. I don't think I would let them play in white pants. Maybe a white shirt. But I prefer the darker colors if I think they will get dirty. Or I will just bring a change of clothes and put on the lighter clothing when we're going inside.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 2:29 AM on Aug. 30, 2009