Which birth control method is best?

I am currently using implanon(the one thats inserted in your arm) and there are so many side effects associated with it. Alot of them are really serious and it actually seems that they are more side effects with implanon than most other birth control methods. I have been getting the more serious side effects and I am seriously considering getting it removed. Please give me your opinions on what the more safe and comfortable BC is to you.

lmr09

Asked by lmr09 at 1:36 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Health

• I had my tubes tied! Works great! LOL...sorry, not a good answer if you want more babies later.
    LuvMyBoyzz

Answer by LuvMyBoyzz at 1:41 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I had an iud plus the pill all a very long time ago. Best what worked for us was condoms and spermicides. Put the spermicide in the condom and on top, made foreplay lots of fun.

When we wanted to try for kids or if a pregnancy could happen and would be bad if it did, it was easy an easy method to stop.

When we didn'twant kids very easy to use.

later on I had my tubes tied during my last csection. It was easy and fast recoop no retesting needed like for vasectomy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I love my IUD. Been in for about 3 months now. No periods, no cramps, no nothing! It's wonderful! And i dont have to worry about it for another 5 years! so glad i had it done!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 1:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I had the Norplant for 5 years..  That was the absolute worst 5 years of my life I remember.  And from everything Ive just seen after seeing your post, there really isnt any difference between Norplant and Implanon other than 6 little sticks in your arms verses 1 little stick in your arm. 

Ive since had my tubes tied and a Hysterectomy, but Ive heard from alot of friends of mine that they like the Mirena IUD..

Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 3:11 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• hmm these are pretty good answers, ill keep the iud in mind. Im not too into condoms though.
    lmr09

Answer by lmr09 at 4:21 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• A diaphram has no side effects, is instantly reversible, no history of PID, strokes, infertitliy, class action lawsuits, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:01 PM on Aug. 23, 2009