How long does it take to get over a best friend that has passed away?

I have a friend that passed away and left two young daughters and I morn her every day. She died of inflammatory breat cancer which can not be detected by an annual mamogram. Once this is found, you are in the late stage of cancer (3 0r 4). I really miss her and her 2nd year anniversary is coming up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Health

• I'm sorry. I've heard of that disease and actulaly wonder if I have it myself. Try writing a book for your friends kids of her little andhuge huge love for them, of your friendship and what she's done for the world!!

Maybe do a pay it forward good deed every day in her honor. The pain lesses in loss like that, it will hon. It will.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I lost a friend to suicide 2 months ago and I have been wondering the same thing myself. Everytime I close my eyes I see him hanging from the raftors and I cant help but wonder in desperation when it is going to get better
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 1:47 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• its hard to say,my grandma died in 03 and i still cry and i cant even stand looking at old lady"s hands cause i ll see her in them.i cry every april i cant hear certain songs or ill cry which btw im not a crying person,but she was so great i just cant for get her :(
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:50 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• it will take a long time, epecially if you were close. that is normal. i still miss all the many people who have died in my life; what is important is to keep going for them. maybe writing down what you miss about them, or getting with a grief counseling group if it seems really bad. it does get better eventually, but eventually can take so long to get here. i lost a cousin in high school, and i still miss him greatly; my friend still visits his grave every week.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• you will never get over it...but you deal with it. How long it takes to learn to deal is up to you. I cry over my dad and my grandpa and my uncle and everyone else that died under 40 and 50. Death is a hard thing especialy when you see the stages and know that it is just around the corner. You have to stop feeling sad for her. Sure she was your best friend and left two kids behind, but she is better now and not in pain, and she wouldn't want you sitting around hurting for her. You need to come to terms with this so she can rest. She knows that you love her and will always love her, know be happy
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 2:30 PM on Aug. 22, 2009