Do you ever buy clothes from the dollar store?

i.e. Family Dollar? I usually never do, but I have bought my daughter like 3 outfits and a few pairs of pajamas there. Today we went to get detergent for the dishwasher and I saw some tank tops for only $3. I bought a couple tanks tops, 3 pairs of pajamas for my daughter and dh bought a couple pairs of shorts for going to the gym.

I feel like a big cheapo, but the jammies are cute and the tanks, I will probably only wear around the house anyway.

Am I a big cheapo?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i bought my little girl's bathing suit from the dollar tree! It was $1! Holy cow! She's only going to wear it a few times anyway. I think clothes really dont matter untill they start noticing anyway. Save money while you can! it wont be long they will have to go to the mall and pay $40 for a t-shirt! lol
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 1:52 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Not really but I'm not to good to wear cheap clothes. ;)
    kframpton

Answer by kframpton at 1:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• There is a thrift store here in my town where you can fill a bag to the brim with as many clothes as u can fit into it for only 5 bucks! I went this morning and got 2 bags of baby clothes.. Theyre nice clothes and cheap!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I buy them there from the clearance racks all of the time. No problems with it at all. Clothes are clothes. They happen to have some cute things.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 1:53 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I don't think you are being a cheapo. If the dollar store here sold clothes, I would buy them.
    lighthouse98

Answer by lighthouse98 at 1:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• no sometimes their styles are really unique and you cant find them anywhere else
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 1:58 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• we actually got all of our home decor form family dollar and peopel dont believe it LOL
    katiekruschke

• its a great idea. saves money the kids grow out of them fast and they stain them at least ur not spending 10$ on a shirt for them to mess up right? i always by my kids stuff from there it doesnt make them less of a person then any kid that gets their stuff from nice stores
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with buying clothes from the dollar store. I have bought my kids stuff from there. I don't see what the big deal is, the clothes are new and alot of times they have the same 'characters' and such on them as the pricey department stores. So who is going to know where you got them? I also buy my kids clothes at rummage sales, I check out the department store clearance and sales racks, and I also look at Goodwill and Salvation Army stores. You never know what you will find at the trhift stores. At one Goodwill we bought our kids new Green Bay Packer and Wisconsin Badger shirts (still had store tags on) for $3.00 each--- a real steal since the store tag said $20 each.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:00 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• not usually. the clothes are usually the wrong sizes. like its marked 2T but it will be too big or even way too small...
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 2:10 PM on Aug. 22, 2009