automatic refills

dont you wish your pharmacy would just automatically refill your prescriptions when the time came up? I heard CVS does this too bad we dont have any nearby. I have liek 6 different medications and its really hard to keep track of what I need when i need it

katiekruschke

Asked by katiekruschke at 2:26 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Shopping

• I don't have any Rx's that I need refilled on a consistent basis. I have eye drops, but it can vary when I need them filled. I do take care of my hubby's Rx's and he takes 8 different ones a day. It's no problem for me to keep track of what he needs and when they need to be refilled, but I put all his pills in a weekly pill caddy/organizer so when I empty the bottle I know it's time for a refill. And his vary too because some we get 3 months at a time and some only 1 month depending on how expensive it is.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I used Express Scripts and get mine in 3 month supplies at a time and that helps me alot. Then, when they are due to be refilled, they automatically drop ship me my next 3 months until its time to renew my script. Then they send me a notice for that.
    All I have to do is have my doc call or fax in my script to them. Same thing with the compound pharmacy where I get my hormones from.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 2:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• my pharmacy calls when we're due for a new round. they'll call and confirm.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:07 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• does your bottle has a number to call?
    savingjmom

Answer by savingjmom at 3:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• melindak I may have to try that!
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 6:05 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• OP - Target Pharmacy does the same thing, it is called Auto Refill. Check it out!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 8:26 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Walgreens does it too and has for a several years.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:52 PM on Aug. 24, 2009