Give me some ideas.

I want something new and interesting to do with some zucchini and squash. Help. I already make zucchini fries, so not that.

Any ideas would be great! I know this should be in the food section, but it's so slow there.

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 2:34 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Slice up the zucchini and squash and put them in a small casserole dish. Cut up some onions and a little garlic, and sprinkle on top. Add about 1tbsp butter, bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until they get soft. YUMM!!!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:59 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• try it fried lol...
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:35 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• How about bread? You can make zucchini bread similar to making banana bread. I'm sure there are plenty of online recipes for you to Google.
    My friend used to make us a loaf of it a few times a year and it is delicious! The zucchini isn't overpowering at all and it doesn't taste yucky, either.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:40 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I was about to suggest the bread as well.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 2:49 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Julienne them,cook them on the stove top with a little EVOO, red bell peppers, & onions until all are soft. Spread the entire batch on a flour tortilla, cover with shredded cheese, cover with another tortilla & put in oven until cheese is melted. Veggie quesadillas! You can also add leftover sdredded chicken. These are really good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I sauté them with some butter, salt and pepper, until they start to get soft. In the last few min. you can add some cheese, so it gets al melted on it. My girls love it both ways.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 3:01 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I like to make zucchini bread, it's delicious, but there is SO much sugar in it.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:16 PM on Aug. 22, 2009