I Need Some Advice???

I usually keep to myself. My daughter and I arent loud and as I got older I guess you could say I've gotten less outgoing. I talk to people if they talk to me. I dont go out of my way to talk to my neighbors unless they start the conversation first. I think I've had two 15 minute conversations with my neighbor and she has a daughter two years younger than mine. I'm not trying to be rude at all. Last night my daughter had about seven kids sleeping over all of different age ranges and I didnt invite my neighbors daughter. Not because I dont like her but because the mother hasnt tried to overly get to know me since she moved in, in July. I told her before I'm not that outgoing in a round about way. Should I feel bad that I didnt invite her daughter over???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• nah don't feel bad. But you said she hasn't tried to get to know you but you have not tried to get to know her either.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 3:08 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Are you my twin. I am the same way about people.
    Not inviting the neighbor kid? You are not wrong. You do not know her mom.

Answer by louise2 at 3:15 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• ya as everyone knows im going through the same thing.as my husband says its a double edge sword.nobodies trying.she wont talk to me cause she an out right bi&ch and i wont talk to her cause she scares the crap out of me.and shes only lived here for 2 yrs....
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 3:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• You didnt invite her because she hasnt tried to get to know you, but you just said that youre not that easy to talk to or get to know. Well, thats your answer. Yes it was rude. You need to decide if you WANT to know her or not. Dont wait for her to make the first move and then if she doesnt, decide that you dont want to be her friend. She might be MORE shy than you. Part of being an adult is learning to talk and communicate and meet other adults. I dont let anyone intimidate me. I have no problem striking up a convo with someone in walmart or the grocery store. I look at like this....if they like me, then thats one more friend I have, if they dont, then oh well, thats life. I dont take it personally and usually I can tell really quick if theyre going to be someone I want to be friends with. LOTS of people are just waiting on someone to make the first move. They want friends so badly but they are so fearful of rejection.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 4:06 PM on Aug. 22, 2009