Home School Moms-got free time on your hands?

Ok, there are a lot of moms that home school and their kids are high school graduates heading off to college or plan on going to college. So now home schooling is over with, what will you do with the free time on your hands????

MOR51

Asked by MOR51 at 3:20 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in

• my guess would be coming on cafe mom and preaching to us moms who send our kids to public school
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• My kids are not near graduation age yet, but my plan is to expand my business to full-time. Right now, part-time at-home work is fine.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 4:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Anon, judging by your lack of punctuation, I would never suggest you homeschool your children.

Once my children graduate, I will go back to nursing full-time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Ours just started first, so we aren't even close to being there yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Well, my youngest is 2... so this dream is a LONG way off still LOL.... but our plans are (hopefully) for my husband to retire early so we can travel. Overseas first, then purchase an RV and see the country. :-)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 5:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• My kids are spread out in age, from 9 to 22, so when my youngest graduates and moves on to college in 9 years I hope to be able to spend time with any grandchildren!

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 5:36 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

refuting bullshit and ignorant conjuncture is not preaching

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 6:04 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• help others who want to home school
    read more
    make pottery
    learn to play some instruments
    volunteer
    travel

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 6:06 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I've got years before my youngest heads off to college. However, I figure I'll have more time for my hobbies, my business, and volunteer work. Maybe I'll write a book or do Homeschooling 101 seminars for those interested in homeschooling. I'm not sure exactly what I'll do, but I'll find something to do to keep myself busy.
    busygoddess

Answer by busygoddess at 6:15 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Mine are 9, 7 , and 2 so I have awhile before I have to worry about it (plus we want more children). But I would love to relax after all my kids are off to college and careers. I'd love to work on my own business and read a book from beginning to end without interruption. Make my property worthy of the pages of Better Homes and Gardens or Southern Living. Dote on and spoil any grandchildren, plying them with sugar and then sending them home to their mommy and daddy! LOL
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 10:41 PM on Aug. 22, 2009