Will breastfeeding be a set back for me?

Hi, I am currently still breastfeeding my 2 year old and in the process of weaning. We are also trying to concieve . I have had my periods for a year now, they are regular. Will breastfeeding be a problem with us TTC?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Breast feeding is sometimes considered "nature's birth control", but all women are different. I know of some women who did get pg while breast feeding. Personally, I was pg within a month after weaning for my youngest (and she was the only one of my three children conceived without Clomid)
    Good luck!
    Cathy8396

Answer by Cathy8396 at 3:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Thank you Cathy. I dont breastfeed him much. Its maybe 3-4 times a day. Mostly at night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• It's different for everyone - some find it easy peasy to conceive while breastfeeding - some just can't conceive at all while breastfeeding. For me - it's been very difficult. We started TTC when our daughter turned 1, and she is almost 2 now and we still haven't conceived, and I've been nursing her the entire time - she's now down to 2 nursings a day usually. Good luck - I hope you find it easier than I have.

ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 3:36 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• No, especially if your periods are regular.

I got pregnant with #2 when #1 was 10 months old and I was breastfeeding every 3 hours.

I got pregnant with #3 when #2 was 10 months old and was breastfeeding a few times a day.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:15 AM on Aug. 24, 2009