Will breastfeeding be a set back for me?

Hi, I am currently still breastfeeding my 2 year old and in the process of weaning. We are also trying to conceive . I have had my periods for a year now, they are regular. Will breastfeeding be a problem with us TTC?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No it shouldn't be a probelm since you have a regular period. I got pegnant with my son when my daughter was 10 months and still mostly nursing. We got pregnant on the first try, after taking almost a year to concieve my daughter. My daughter weaned about two months before my son was born.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 3:40 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• It didn't cause a problem for me, either!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 4:07 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• kudos on bf for so long!! awsome mommy
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:09 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• yeah great work breastfeeding so long! my son is 22 months old and he still breastfeeds and we are going to start TTC in a couple months.

to answer your question, i think most likely it will not make it harder. breastfeeding is really only a good preventer of pregnancy if you exclusively breastfeed and at 2 your child is surely eating a lot of solids and nursing a lot less than a 1 year old or younger. and since you've had regular periods for a while, most likely you are ovulating.

hopefully i'm right since i'll be trying too! good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2009