My daughter sees monsters?

Well for the past couple of months my daughter has been crying about monsters. She wakes up in the middle of the night crying. I know shes seeing something. I can tell the way she is acting and how she cries. It scares me because I feel like I cannot protect her from whatever she is seeing. I have prayed that whatever has been taunting my daughter to leave. It just seems to be coming back. Sometimes I get so frusterated at it and want to scream. I need some help. Can anyone give me advice.

AshleyNL

Asked by AshleyNL at 3:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• night terrors? look that up. Does she talk about seeing someone or something, how old is she? I have three kids and my oldest sometimes had night terrors - he couldn't be broken through to. I just had to let him scream until he came out of it and recognized me.

Sometimes kids with extra busy days or even evenings can really be offset at night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• My friends daughter just went through that... my friend would go in there with a flashlight and look under the bed and such saying "there is no monster" but she WAS seeing something! She would point it out and describe it to her! That went on for about a month, but now she has begun playing with this "monster"... idk what it is or anything else but apparently it doesn't scare her anymore. My friend blew it off until this point and now her daughter feeds it, brings it a coat when it's cold. She says it's a ghost of a "baby" and apparently it comes around the same time every night. Is this sort of what your daughter is doing???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• maybe is a shadow in the room or something ? trying using something that makes a " white noise" ( ticking alarm clock or a fan) something that is supposed to help you stay asleep. is it something that she does before you put her to bed or in the middle of the night ? did you every used to co-sleep ? because alot of times kids use whatever they can to get your attention like say they see a monster so they can go to bed with you, or say that they see something so that they dont have to go to bed at that moment ?
    ryansmommy07

Answer by ryansmommy07 at 3:55 PM on Aug. 22, 2009