What are the best warm neutral colors to paint the interior of a house?

We will be selling our house soon and are looking for colors that will appeal to most potential buyers and not turn any buyers off.
Any ideas for warm, neutral shades for rooms that are on the dark side as well as those with ample light?
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I would say keep it warm. Beige and browns are the best in my opinion. You can always use a pop of color somewhere. I personally love a house with color in it...not all cream!

The house we moved into has every room painted and for the most part they all match! A few colors are the beige and green from the "classic pooh" collection, not that I am a pooh fan...they left a light switch plate with classic pooh on it, so I figured. The living room is a VERY TALL living room so they painted 3 horizontal stripes. The top one is a caramel color the middle is cream like vanilla, and the bottom is a dark brown. But they only did this on the empty wall and the wall with the fireplace on it! All the other colors are repeated throughout the house...the green, beige, lighter brown and cream! Keep it neutral and matching! Good luck!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:24 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• the gurus at hgtv almost always use taupe and it is really classy looking with bright white crown and base molding and chair rails.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 12:16 PM on Aug. 23, 2009