A question for grade school teachers.

My children are going back to school next month and I would like to make a basket for the teachers. I would like to buy things a teacher really needs or uses threw out the year. But I'm kind of lost on what to buy. I got tissues, white board markers, hand sanitizer, post a notes, copier paper and some awards they could use for the students.
So as a teacher what would you say you use the most or just have to have for the school year? Would it be ok to throw in some tea/ coffee stuff?
Also is this a dumb idea?

lighthouse98

Asked by lighthouse98 at 3:45 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in

• I think this is a nice idea. What grades are they for. For elementary grades what you have is good. Also stickers, clorox wipes/paper towels.(don't need to be brand names) Glue sticks, pencils,(it's amazing how many get lost. Also, if there on the floor at night the janitors don't always pick them up they just sweep them up) Erasers, pencil top one are fine. Unless you know the teacher I might hold off on the tea/coffee things.(maybe by Christmas your kids would know what her favorite drink is. One year i got my son's teacher a 12 pack of Diet Coke becasue she ws always drinking them)) One of my friends is allergic to caffeine and doesn't drink coffee and only certain tea. Whenever s astudent gives her chocolate she brings it home to her husband or throws it out.(at home so the kids don't know)
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 4:31 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• It's a great idea. It sounds like you have lots of great stuff and the PP had good suggestions too. The only other thing I can think of is a note from you and your child telling the teacher how much you are all looking forward to the coming school year.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 10:35 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• You could add staples, paper clips, band-aids, markers, big erasers, rulers, chalk (do schools still have chalkboards?), safety scissors, pens, blank certificates.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• great idea mama!! i think you have thought of everything!
    threeboysmama

Answer by threeboysmama at 4:21 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

Next question in
Home School Moms-got free time on your hands?

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
can you?