do u think that being bioplar would make it more diffucult to be a submissive wife

bc im manic depressive.. and in some way im very submissive like in bed.. with the money..
but when it comes to like personality or opinions i cant help but say my opinion even if it gets me in trouble.. which it has.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Well it depends on think. One can be submissive sexually for more than one reason - out of fear or desire. If you're the latter, desire then its' your sexual personality I think. If your submissive in bed out of fear that's being depressed no matter what - fear for life, fear for children's lives or finances even.

No matter your illness you have a right and obligation to know your finances. If you're a overspender then look at daily all bills and balances in accounts that pay them and household bills. But don't pay them yourself.

Saying outright what you think is more a personality trait from what I've seen than from any kind of depression illness. A lot of manic depressives are totally afraid to voice a thought much less a
    strong opinion. Unless the opinon is totally against most of society's ways from being depressed.

Take care! People with illnesses have rights too, have someone advocate for you WITH YOU.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• meant ... it depends on things, different things ...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• who would want to be submissive? I wouldn't think your bi polar has anything to do with that, that is who you are (which there is nothing wrong with that). I think it is possible to be in a relationship even if your bi polar. Just gotta find the right man
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:23 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• just pick your battles. I used to fight with SO just so I'd be heard but the louder I was the more he ignored me. I've learned to think before I speak and think harder before I turn it into something that can be considered a fight. Our goal is to spend quality time together. He thinks fighting is nonsense and won't tolerate it. He'll walk out. So if I really want to be heard or my opinion given I have to do it with humor or send him a message. Whether he deletes it or not is his perogative but at least I got it out of my system. I'm normally not submissive in life but with him I am but it's something we agreed upon early on. We don't live together so I'm an independent person on my own. With others I carry out the dominant role but with him....it just seems right to play the submissive role. If he abuses his dominant role I walk away until it's worked out. There is a difference between being a dom and an a-hole.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:35 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• i dont think being submissive is necessarilly a good quality open that mouth adn let your feelings fly girl! Submissive women are usually taken advantage of
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 6:00 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• What is the deal with all of these "submissive wife" questions? Who the heck wants to be submissive?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2009