if u pay for your daughters wedding why should not pay for your son?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Because the in-laws are supose to pay for the sons wedding. Just a tradition.

Answer by louise2 at 4:00 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Its customary for the brides family to pay for the wedding itself, but the grooms family to take care of the rehearsal and the honeymoon(if you get that detailed). Personally, I think that both families should get together and decide how they want to divide the responsibilities. They can choose traditional or they can choose to be non traditional. It makes no difference. I have every intention of helping pay for my sons weddings.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 4:02 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• because the brides family pays for it
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:03 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• If the grooms family is as involved as the Bride's family then fine, split the costs. But if the Bride's family makes all of the decisions then it doesn't seem right to hand the groom's family a bill for things they never chose or said they'd pay for.

Answer by Bmat at 4:04 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• op poster... i know this sounds really bad.. bc it is.. but my husband and i were together for almost 4yrs when we got married.. we went to vegas last min with no help... and now we have together for almost 8 yrs. but my sil who isnt even 19 yet till oct.. is getting a full payed wedding..i sep .im trying to not let it bother me.. but they havent even been together a year and half.. anywy.. i just think its fucked up thats.. all
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I think both families if at all possible should join in including the couple. I think my son will be proposing soon to his girlfriend. We will offer to the brides family to pay up to a certain dollar amount inclusive of everything that has to be paid. We'll give x amount to bills until our money's gone or we can gift our son and his bride with it if that's what's decided and stay out of plans then.

We have few family to invite. I myself had hassles from my parents cause I wanted to give my new inlaws as a gift a copy of our wedding album and my parents hit the roof and demanded that I tell my inlaws they had to pay. I paid for my inlaws to have our album.

I'd want my kids weddings and I have two daughters and one son - to be joyful and stressful as possible. We'll offer help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I have set up a wedding fund for my son (he's 6 weeks old, yes we believe in saving from day one), and we have every intention of helping him and his bride to pay for the wedding, or if her family pays then they can use the money for a down payment on a house.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 4:10 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• The groom's parents (or groom) pay for the rehearsal dinner and the honey moon.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:14 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Parents still pay? Everyone I know paid for their own weddings.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:17 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• my bro and sis each paid for their own wedding..and one day when i get married i will pay for it myself too!! everyonei know has paid for their own as well..i would never let my parents pay for it
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2009