I am looking for great (and personal) christmas gifts to make. NO gift baskets, food or cookies in a jar. THANKS

finallyamom40

Asked by finallyamom40 at 4:00 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• There's about a dozen things on this list that I'll do soon as I have some spare time, but you should find a few ideas there:

http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=291

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:30 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• My sister last year made a spice rub for steak for the guys, and a lavender salt scrub for the ladies. Im sure you could find a recipe online. the salt scrub was amazing!!!!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 4:15 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I think personalized scrapbooks, photo calendars would be nice. If you can knit or crochet or sew do something along those lines. I have seen personalized pillow cases which I think are great for kids! You can make your own jewelry for women, something woodworking for men? Good Luck!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• A couple of my guys are getting fleece blankets (buy 2 yards polar fleece, trim and finish the edges in an attractive way), my DD is getting a potpourri light (potpourri in a rose bowl with 25 strand mini lights, topped with a doily), personalized photo frames are a great idea, personalized ornaments.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 5:41 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I wire wrap jewelry, so a lot of my family got jewelry. I may do that again this year, as well as make photo magnets. They're so easy to make, and very cute!
    Seraphimred

Answer by Seraphimred at 11:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Scrapbooks. A letter or poem about how and why the person is special to you.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I made a personalized scrapbooking page and framed it in a scrapbooking frame to display in their houses. They were very cute and a huge hit. Michael's has the frames for 5.00! I wouldn't suggest tackling an entire scrapbook. Its a lot of work and it gets expensive quickly. My mother bought a small canvas and had my son paint a picture for me on it when he was two. It was the greatest gift!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:26 AM on Aug. 23, 2009