HOW CAN I GET MY 3 YEAR OLD TO SLEEP ALL NIGHT

my sonis 3 and he still dont sleep all night he goes to bed at 9 wakes up at 11 and dont go back to sleep til like 7 in the morning

nationsmom8706

Asked by nationsmom8706 at 4:14 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Try keeping him active all day. Ex. Take him to the park and run around chasing a ball or just playing catch mommy or baby. That's if you can. Every once in a while play in the backyard or even around the house. Just keep him active and at night before bed time bathe him in J&J Lavender. Nice soft music also helps. That always did it for my kids.
    Boriquamom123

Answer by Boriquamom123 at 5:09 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• my daughter has to sleep with baby einstein playing all night or she won't stay asleep of in her bed for that matter. I think the classical music soothes her and keeps her asleep.
    kolbiesmommy

Answer by kolbiesmommy at 5:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Uh, that's like 2 hours of sleep. Is he napping for 10 hours?
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:57 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• If you let him sleep when he goes to sleep at 7am DONT LET HIM!! make him stay awake until maybe 11-12 then an hour or so nap and then put him to bed at normal time and see if that doesn't fix the problem. It may take a few days but I promise you, if he isn't sleeping all day he will probably sleep better at night.
    If he still continues, cut his napping out all together.

KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 9:13 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• wow so how much sleep does he get? I mean even my one child who doesn't sleep that much sleeps more than that! I agree keep him busy and active all day and work to get him on a regular routine. You didn't reallt describe what his typical day is like?
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:41 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Girlfriend take him to the park after dinner and let him run and play until he fall out. I do this quite often with my three year old and it works. Keep him going at home too, take him out on walks, or try running around the yard with a ball. Also Melatonin is a natural over the counter herb, that can help him too, my three year old pediatrician recommend it to me last year.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 23, 2009