Angel Food Ministries

Do you ever use it? Do you really think it's a good deal? We just got our first box and I think it's decent, but I just want to hear from others.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i love it and plus the money you pay is going to good causes. i'm all for it!
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 6:24 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• My mom used to use it. There are a lot of good things in there. The one in our town got shut down so we didn't want to travel.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I have heard people say they like it and that it has good deals. There is not one in my area, we have a SHARE program instead.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• lot of junky food in those boxes. you're better off taking your $80 and just getting basics, like meat bread milk peanut butter rice etc. seriously, it was very little decent food.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I got some this month and I have nothing to complain about. There are some foods we don't normally eat, but overall it is a decent deal. I got the regular box and the fresh fruit box. My cost was $53. I'm not sure where Anon 4:44 got their info, but it doesn't match what I experienced. The signature boxes usually have rice, meats, eggs, frozen/fresh veggies, shelf stable milk, and other items. There is a dessert, usually pie, cake, or cookies. Again, I don't see anything to complain about.
    Moogie1005

Answer by Moogie1005 at 5:01 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

There was very healthy food in the signature box. Here's what I got today:

1.5lb. Ribeye Steaks
    1.81lb. Perdue Split Chicken Breasts
    4lb. Chicken Thighs
    1.5lb. Pork Chops
    1lb. 80/20 Lean ground beef
    a big bag of chicken nuggets
    frozen lima beans
    Frozen corn
    bag of fresh sweet potatoes

there was a lot more, I just dont remember it all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• theres one in my town but never used it before
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• You can look at the menu and see what will be in each package each month. You can get fresh fruits and veggies, and meats, etc.

It doesn't cost $80 either, the signature box is $30.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:37 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• It's a decent deal if you live in a large urban area where groceries are outrageously expensive. If you live in the rest of the country, you can get the same stuff for less at the grocery store.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:45 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

It's definitely cheaper than the grocery store.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Aug. 22, 2009