hey everyone, I need to revamp my children's toy storage system, but I can't decide which way would be best. Anyone have any insight on whether or not bins with lids (or not) is best, or advantages or disadvantages of crates...etc? Thanks :)

I can just imagine getting nice bins with lids, but having them jumbled up again in a day.... so I'm just looking for words of wisdom from the experienced

capuchina

Asked by capuchina at 4:38 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• bins with lids I found were far better. And post a picture of types of toys all around the outside and on lid.

When I came up with two toys per child at one time and no sharing toys, put one or both toys away perchild and take another one or two toys from bins per child then my playroom was way more sane.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• For my DD I got her the toy bins without lids (it doubled at a bench too) and that works great for us. But I want her to be able to get to all her toys, and see what is in there. She also has the big step2 toy box with the book self on it which I also love. I want her to be able to get to whatever toy she wants to play with and explore what is in there
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 5:05 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I have a small bookshelf that we put canvas bins without lids ($10 for a pack of 2 at Walmart) to put small toys with parts like Thomas the Train and Mr. Potato Head. We also put bigger toys on it like Little People bus, airplane and playground. Then I have plastic stackable shelves that I like better than our big toybox. The kids don't really like to dig for their toys in the toybox, so a lot of the toys at the bottom don't get played with much.
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 7:21 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• we got the shelves from ikea with the bins that slide in.

tried lids but they were misplaced and misused within a month so I tossed them all.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 8:23 PM on Aug. 22, 2009