Is it safe to eat no bake cookies?

My four year old daughter wants cookies and I don't have time to go to the store and (it's not very healthy to eat store bought cookies). I also can't use my oven since it's temporarily broken. I've been searching around the web and the best alternative I found were no-bake chocolate peanut butter oat cookies. The only thing is, I've never made them before.

Are they safe to eat and do they taste and feel like real cookies?

AAkiaten

Asked by AAkiaten at 4:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Food & Drink

• the recipe has, peanutbutter, coca, oatmeal?
    then yes they are "healthy" in moderation ofcourse. i make them during the summer b/c it's too hot to bake, and like you I don't buy store brands. homemade is always better I think, not as many perservs.
    Amy.
    leftylucy81

Answer by leftylucy81 at 4:58 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Unless you have an allergy to any of the ingredients, yes they are perfectly safe to eat! No-Bakes have been a staple at family gatherings in my family since I was a baby. They are usually the first things gone from the sweets table at the holidays.

I recommend wax paper (wax side up - it's harmless to ingest but can mark the table) on your kitchen table or counter. Use a tablespoon from the silverware drawer and scoop it out. The mix is going to be hot but it's worth it. Let them cool until set and then put in a storage container. Honestly, they taste yummy when they are just a little warm, so feel free to snag a few before you put them away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• No bakes are the BEST to satisfy a chocolate craving! There's no eggs in them so they're perfectly safe to eat unless you're allergic to anything in them. Be warned: they disappear quickly!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 5:30 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Those things are addictive. I swear I make them twice a week sometimes.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:03 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Those are so good! They aren't you basic cookie though. So no, they aren't going to really feel like a chocolate chip or a sugar cookie. It's a whole different texture, especially with the oatmeal. But yes, they are safe. There's nothing in there that needs to be cooked in the oven, and you still make the cookie on the stove top so they are cooked, just not baked!

Give them a try! You'll love them! And don't over cook them on the stove, they'll get crumbly!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 7:28 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I think I will be making no-bake cookies tonight! Thanks for reminding me how yummy they are!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 9:13 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• omg those things are so yummy! Yes if I remember correctly there is no eggs so it's safe.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:20 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• As long as there are no raw eggs in them, they are perfectly healthy to eat. Limit raw cookie dough because of the raw eggs in them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:30 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• OMG!! Those are my FAVES!!!!
    jenzfoto

Answer by jenzfoto at 1:02 PM on Aug. 27, 2009