I really don't think it's a yeast infection! Any thoughts??

I went to the doctor the other day for my checkup with some serious questions about what I had been experiencing recently. I am 30weeks & have been experiencing lower abdominal cramping, backaches, & a very stringy gooey elasticy discharge. Without even checking me, she says it's a yeast infection. Now, I've had my share of yeast infections in the past, & these were not the symptoms! Her conclusion is based off the fact that I have gestational diabetes, & that causes more chance of yeast infections, & because I have an odd discharge she knows that's what it is. Are there different types of yeast infections or is she just a loon & pulling this all out of her ass?? I've really liked her up until now, but this just doesn't seem right! Especially since I'm still cramping & getting lower back pains, but the stringy shit has stopped (which I don't think yeast infections just stop!)...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yeast infections are generally itchy and have cottage cheese like discharge. I wouldn't trust a diagnosis on the "just becuse you are increased risk". Frankly, to be honest, it is very likely that if you had taken that GD test on another day you wouldn't have been labeled with GD. It's very common for that test to be wrong. Plus if everything is being well controlled with diet there should't be an issue.

It could just be some extra mucous secreted by your vagina. Vaginal secretions increase in the third trimester. If it was clear to opaque, stringy stretchy, and didn't smell like yeast or rotten egg and wasn't green it's normal.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 6:20 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• i think they have those home tests now at pharmacys. i dont know how much they cost but i wouldnt think more than 20
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:33 PM on Aug. 22, 2009