A stuffy baby!!!!

My son is 6 mths and in daycare now and the other day he came home with a stuffy nose and he"s congested..I bought some vicks rub for infants it seems to be working okay ... What should I give him to get him unclogged??? I called his doctor but they were already closed... And I have tylenol infant drops but was told not to give it to him b/c it could mask a fever if he gets one... HELP!!!!

JaYsMoMmY09

Asked by JaYsMoMmY09 at 5:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Put a humidifire in his room that is what I do when my girls are stuffed up.
    Tdaycare6678

Answer by Tdaycare6678 at 6:08 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• use a cool mist humidifer in his room then use saline drops and a bugger sucker for the nose hope this hlps
    toledoohiomom

Answer by toledoohiomom at 6:09 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• use a vaporizor at night that you add the 'vicks syrup' medicine stuff into but make sure you leave the door open. Also the baby vicks rub is awesome but someone told me when my son was around your sons age to put it on the soles of their feet and then put them in footie pjs or socks on his feet. I don't know why it makes a difference but it really does and works soooo much faster at getting all that goop out of their noses
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 6:14 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• you dont give a baby tylenol for a stuffy nose!
    try a humidifier
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• humidifier and a steamy shower (dont actually put him in teh shower just sit in teh steamy bathroom together)
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 7:34 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• how is her brearhing . is she breathing ok or is her breathing real deep. if her breathing is deep take her to the doctors . my daughters started stuffy then her breathing got worse until she was breathing in really deep and had to be rushed into emergency.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:31 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Johnson and johnson baby vapor bath and a steamy bathroom works wonders-also my son's pediatrician suggested a small pillow under his head at night-just enough to elevate his head slightly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Aug. 22, 2009