Ok, Obama supporters....

How come a Republican, or anyone for that matter, can't disagree with Obama's policies without being told by Democrats that they're "bitter" and "want the country to fail"? Why should we have to watch the deterioration of our country and smile about it? Can't YOU accept the fact that some people don't agree with the way he is running this country, and that we actually do want the country to succeed. Ever think that maybe that's why we're upset? We have legitimate reasons.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL, no one was allowed to say mean stuff about Bush??? Really??? How about Moveon.org, who wrote an entire article comparing Bush to Hitler. Oh, and here's one of my favorite anti-bush pictures: http://www.pissedonpolitics.com/bush_hitler.jpg Just google "Bush as hitler" and you'll see a ton of images.

And for the record, I see nothing wrong with it. It's called freedom of speech and expression. If someone believes Bush's policies are similar to Hitler's, that's their Constitutional right to express it, even in the form of a picture or sign. If I feel that Obama's policies are similar to Marxism or Socialism, or that he's a "baby killer" for opposing the Born Alive Protection Act, I demand that same right to express it.

I disagree with our elected officials, however, labeling people opposed to the policies as "unpatriotic." That's where I draw the line.
    Imogen13

Answer by Imogen13 at 8:26 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I have a feeling you will be hearing crickets from the left on this question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

Of course we will. As usual, there will be very little argument with substance from them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Op, I agree completely. This is exactly what I've been saying all along. Why should I support something I find to be so wrong? I don't think that that just because I don't agree with everything Obama says and does that I'm bitter.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 5:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I'm really getting tired of being told I'm a bad Christian, selfish, or not caring about the earth or poor people if I'm not being 100% on board. There is more than one solution for every problem, and I think they should be explored. I don't care for the "my way or the highway" attitude some people have.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:45 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• You shouldn't I wont either.Honestly,imo it boils down to something like this..those who are carrying on that way just want you to 'STFU.' See if they can manipulate and convince you to just STFU it makes their agenda all the more easier.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:47 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• All I know is my husband didn't build a successful business by "waiting and seeing!"

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

That is precisely what we're told. To "give Obama time" and that we'll have to "wait and see" to see positive changes. All i've seen is a huge increase in our national deficit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Its a lose lose situation.
    We stand up say are part and try to stop this madness! We are then called Racists, mobsters, and bitter.
    If we stand by do nothing keep our mouths shut. The Government takes over we lose rights etc. The left will then BLAME US for not standing up and speaking they will say YOU could have stopped it.

They don't have anything legitimate to say so they resort to name calling and throwing their weight around to get their way. But once their way shows to be the wrong one they will then attack us and find some excuse to say Bush did it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I don't know . . . why couldn't I express dissatisfaction with the Bush administration without being told to leave the country?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 5:58 PM on Aug. 22, 2009