Juice

How old was your LO when you gave them juice? I just bought some light apple juice and I think my daughter would really like it. She'll be 6 months on the 11th and she's already eating cereal and some other foods. I primarily breastfeed, but she's starting to teeth and I could REALLY use a break every once in awhile. Thanks for the help ladies :)

piercedbeauty21

Asked by piercedbeauty21 at 5:40 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started around 11 months
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• maybe teeny tiny sips (1oz or less) occasionally and/or with medicine up til like 14mos or so.... then a little in the sippy cup w/ breakfast and stuff
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:56 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• my son started getting apple juice (3 oz juice to 5 oz of water) at 8 months old because he was taking less and less formula. By 11 months, he had completely weaned himself off of formula and refused to drink water so he started getting whole milk and juice (5oz juice 3 oz water) with snacks, and his meals. Now at 13 months, he's doing much better with his liquids and everything but he loves his juice so much!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• 6 months. 1/2 juice, 1/2 water. I think I started out at 1oz juice 1oz water and went from there.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 6:21 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Oh and I always gave juice or water in a sippy cup only.

Only milk was given in a bottle.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 6:24 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• My DD started juice in a cup (never in the bottle) at 9 months old I did 2oz juice and 5oz water also i have only used gerber juices it is water down already but I know do 5oz juice and 2oz water or 3 ice cubes. I have read alot of stuff about when starting juice start it in a sippy not the bottle. My DD is 15 months old today and she is just about off the bottle she gets one 6-7oz after bath right before bedtime.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• we started at 8 weeks bt its because our pedi recommended it to give him some of his nasty medication he had to take and to keep his bowel movements soft he loves juice but we only give it to him liek once a day if that
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 7:33 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Six months mixed with water, in a sippy cup. (they drank everything from a sippy at 6 months)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:04 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• After a year, probably around 18 months.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Well I gave my 6mo some today in a bottle because she had a firm poop and I wanted to loosen it up.
    I just did 1ozjuice 2oz water and she only drank like an oz of it.
    She cant really feed herself a sippy yet because she is breastfed and rarely has a bottle.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 10:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2009