How bad is it if you're pregnant & aren't getting DHA in your vitamin formula?

I'm taking regular prenatal vitamin because their cheaper & like everyone else, I'm trying to save money. But I'm wondering is it worth the save or should I string for the extra cash a month for DHA formula vitamins?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• As long as you maintain a healthy diet -- fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, and other REAL food you'll be fine. I don't take prenatals at all. I do take some independent things that I know I can't get quite enough in my particular diet -- zinc, liquid chlorophyll (for iron -- food based on constipating but cheaper than floradix), and alfalfa (for vitamin K). For the most part, the commercial stuff makes expensive pee.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 6:12 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• You don't want to take that artificial crap anyway. Don't worry. It naturally gets to the baby through breast milk when they're born. Humans are biologically designed for pregnancy. We don't NEED this or that supplement. It's all marketing really.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 6:00 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• You could also get a omega3 supplement to take with your "regular" prenatal..that's what I do..those "special" prenatals are WAY out our price range..LOL
    zzicc

Answer by zzicc at 6:14 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• i couldnt take prenatals.... i just took 2 or 3 kids chewabals everyday....
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 6:20 PM on Aug. 22, 2009