SAHM vs Working

All right I have a dilemma. I am lucky enough to have the choice to choose if I want to work or not. I have two gorgeous girls and I am a SHAM. My oldest is starting a full time preschool. I found a job listing for a job that sounds perfect for me and 9 months ago I would have jumped at it. But now I have found my SAHM grove and I am happy. The money would be nice, but in a year we could anyway, hubby is Air Force and gets a promotion then. Also I am going to be applying for Graduate school this Feb. and would be quieting any job at that point, unless they wanted an intern.
So I ask you all, would you take the job or stay home one more year? I am really struggeling with this, both have really good draws. No, I have not been offered it, but I am perfectly qualified and don't think I could turn down a job offer, so I need to know before I possibly apply. Thanks for the impute.

DevilInPigtails

Asked by DevilInPigtails at 6:24 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• If you are planning on going back to school and quitting anyways, I would just enjoy another year at home with your kids. Sure the extra money would be nice, but your kids are going to grow up so fast. Enjoy it while you can. Now if you had said that you guys are flat broke and can't pay the bills, I would say go get that job, but you don't HAVE to, so stay with the kids.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 6:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Your oldest is going to be in school full time what about your little one? Are you gonna have to have the girls in daycare and how long for per day? How much will that cost you? That's other things you should look at before you do go for it.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:33 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• personally I would work I am a stay at home mom and we were getting by without teh xtra income but I got terribly bored so I started a job full time as a nanny I can bring the baby with me and I am much happier, there is only so much house keeping and nose wiping a person can do
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 6:37 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I love being a sahm! Love it, wouldn't change it for a minute, so of course I am going to say stay home. I am always doing things with my kids and having fun with them, I don't miss working one little bit.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 6:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Now we don't need the money, we just don't have an extra, but cable and internet. My youngest would have to go to day care while I work. The jobs that I am applying for in this area pay for more then day care, but yes I have thought of that. I just don't know.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:49 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I would just enjoy staying at home until you start grad school.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 7:50 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• If I had something on the horizon like you do, i would keep things where they are. I do love staying at home, but that's sort of not the point here. You're going to take a job and quit pretty quick. And, are you really going to net that much? I'd ask myself those questions.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• If I could afford to stay home with my kids, I'd continue to do so. I stayed home for almost 4 yrs, and my youngest just turned 2. I felt that there was too much burden on my husband, and started working PT in May. I'm happy, but if I had the choice, I'd probably stay home, or at least work a LOT less hrs.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:16 PM on Aug. 22, 2009