wouldn't it be better to focus on the positive Christians do?

One silly family in Topeka makes up a church and protest funerals this does not represent even .01% of Christians.

Why focus on the negative things of a small few do? Why not focus on the moms on cafemom who are Christian and stay out of mud slinging debates? Why not focus on the thousands of Christian charities that silentlly help those in need?

Really, is it healthy to focus on what the the small portions of "some" Christians do that you percieve as wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I wish more christians on here acted more positively in the name of their god.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• You might be looking in the wrong place. Many Christians stay away from these open forums because of the beatings Christians get. Many of the Christians that do stay have a hard defense. Just remember it can start with you...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I wish many non-Christians acted more positive towards Christians and focused on the positive side of Christians.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I'm sorry but christians do not get a "beating' on here. If they come in slamming people in the name of their god, people will defend themselves. And yes, it WILL cause others to look badly upon christians. When a christian acts nasty towards others, it is on THEM to change that outlook others have. IT is not on people on the receiving end of the hatred to change them. Christians are not being persecuted.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:37 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I am sorry but YES Christinas do get a beating on here. But hey why don't you focus on the positive instead of the negative.

You just proved my point.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Thinking about it I can agree with sahmamax2. I used to be a member of a group that has a large number of atheist. The excessive use of the "F" word and continual cussing and bashing gave all atheist a bad name. I just have to remind myself not all atheist are bad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• ANONS THOSE CHRISTIANS ARE THE ONES PERSECUTING ME FOR MY BELEIFS, I WANT TO UNDERSTAND WHY. I HAVE NUMEROUS CHRISTIAN FRIENDS WHO ARE LOVING CARING PEOPLE AND YET THEY DISAGREE WITH ME ON MY VIEWS ON HOMOSEXUALITY, WE RESPECT EACH OTHER FOR WHAT WE ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT, SO I TRY TO UNDERSTAND THE NEGATIVE ONES, THE ONES THAT SEE ME AS A DEMONIC INFLUENCE NOT AS THE HUMAN BEING I AM.

Answer by older at 6:49 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• my question is when did everyone cease judging people on their individual merit and begin lumping everyone into groups that are to be respected or despised as a whole? doesn't make sense. you'll find quality people and douche bags in every walk of life and belief system.
    sassbott_5000

Answer by sassbott_5000 at 6:53 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• you made this all about you older??? LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I have noticed that negative and unhappy people tend to focus on negative and unhappy people.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2009