When should I give my doctor my birthing plan?

I am about 28 weeks pregnant and I was wondering when is the right time to give my plans to the doctor?

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 6:39 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• immediately.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• give it now, and talk with him about it. bring him extra copies. one for your chart/file and others for any and every dr who could possibly deliver your kiddo in the practice
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Talk to him about it right away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• oh yeah and if you're hardcore like I was you'll send one ahead to labor and delivery department and have MORE copies when you goto hospital. your partner should give one to the *CHARGE NURSE* within a few minutes of stepping in the door, and a new copy to each charge nurse each and every shift change.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:45 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• ok, I'm done now..... LOL... on your very last appt. before delivery or induction bring dr another copy.... discuss it one more time and go over any last minute changes.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I agree, asap. You can continue to discuss it and keep researching & revising.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:26 AM on Aug. 23, 2009