Would you continue to be pissed off if your husband....

Last night I was working in my office and my husband has some friends over, I didnt mind at all they where playing around in the garage with my 3yr old son dirtbikes. Well this morning we all wake up and my son is in the garage with my husband and my husband says, "Gage show your momma the hole." I looked there was a huge hole in the garage wall and my husband tells me he fell into the wall. I was thinking how in the hell could that of happened? My husband leaves for a side job today and my son tells me, "daddy did that with dirtbike." I was furious that he told me a LIE! I called him up he didnt answer so I texted and said, " Its pretty sad your 3yr old son told me you did that with dirtbike! That would explain the white residue on the tire." He came home with all materials to fix wall with and said he doesnt want to argue it was a accident and it will be fixed by the end of the day. He is 24 years old...

TSSN88

Asked by TSSN88 at 6:44 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• age doesn't have much to do with it.. maturity level does.. and i think its sad that he had to lie, but are you a hard ass to him where he would feel that he has to lie? cause otherwise it seems highly childish to lie to your partner over something so petty
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 6:47 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Well I can't stand it when someone lies to me no matter who it is. Yes he is fixing it and thats great but I would tell him that I have a 3 yrs i don't have a 3 yrs old and a 24 yrs old so grow the hell up.............
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:50 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I agree with peytonJJ27. Give the guy a break. At least he's fixing it.
    islandmom85

Answer by islandmom85 at 6:52 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• nah..why make it a big deal? hes fixing it..thats what matters..true he told you a fib but honestly its NOT that big ofa deal. i wouldntcontinue to be mad..its not worth the trouble,
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 7:17 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Sounds liek ti was an honest mistake adn accident and he is fixing it ease up a little
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 7:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Any lie is a betrayal of trust. Be careful they start small and usually are about insignificant things.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 8:55 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I would be a bit mad that he lied, but i would also not care so much if he apologized and fixed it. I would just say to him, "I'm more mad that you lied, not that you put a hole in the wall. Next time, just tell me the truth." Leave it at that.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 9:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• He's fixing it, it was an accident...whats the big deal?
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:07 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I would be mad about the lying and the wall damage, but if he is fixing it right away , then that's a good thing. He is being responsible. But I would question him about why he felt he had to lie to you. You have some communication problems going on and you need to see if you can get it resolved before you have bigger problems.
    jlaney

Answer by jlaney at 10:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2009