Did your teachers ever tell you anything...strange...during class?

My 7th grade science teacher told the class that the best feeling in the world was an orgasm. She also told us that while pregnant, she enjoyed laying on the floor naked.

Yeah, wow. And this was in 2000.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 7:51 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Highschool math -- the guys wasn't playing with a full deck. He'd talk about opening the (apparently imaginary) windows to let a breeze in & turning on the ceiling fans that didn't exist -- stuff like that.

The guy was BRILLIANT in math... but, unfortunately didn't know how to TEACH it. Even the straight A+ honor roll people had to be graded on a MAJOR curve to pass his class.

Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 7:55 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I don't recall any high school teachers telling me/us anything that weird, I guess.....but I had a college professor who had a crush on me....and he told me weird stuff all the time! LoL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• my 4th grade teacher who ended up being my 7th grade teacher used to tell us about when she would gt picked on in school for being chunky and she would cry to us. she told us her life story of everything possible! it was ridiculous that a teacher was unstable like she was and vented to 10 year olds...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:28 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• LOL! The guy I had for 10th grade ELP (now it's called economics, whatever) was only eight years older than all of us. He came in one day and said "Guys, I'm really hung over. We're going to watch a movie today and I'm going to sleep." Gosh I loved his class.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:51 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Yes.. many times, i dont recall exact conversations but .. it did happen..
    I do know our 7th grade science teacher got fired for looking at porn during class on his computer (a few yrs after we had moved on)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:12 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Any teacher telling a bunch of 7th graders that the best feeling in the world was an orgasm should have been fired. It's way inappropriate and it would just encourage the kids to have sex. Not cool.

But as a seventh grader, I would have found it way cool! lol.

The laying pregnant on the floor is just weird...and private. TMI!
    Kauna

Answer by Kauna at 9:16 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• My eighth grade English teacher used to play Neil Diamond music for us!! Talk about child abuse!! LOL!! That was a little bit strange, but not as weird as some of the things I've read on here. She was a really good teacher, one of the best I"ve ever had. She was a huge Neil Diamond fan and for some reason, thought we would enjoy it too!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:30 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• My college English teache talked about how he loved Spring time because thats when the short shorts and spaghetti strap tops come out
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• When I was in High School our mascot was the Indians. We had to change it because a local Indian tribe asked us to after explaining that it was offensive to their heritage. We had a big vote on what we should change it to. We had a science teacher who told us that we should change it to the Newtown Chiggers because the school gets under the skin and causes irritation! He's also talk about "smoking dope" and things like that. He was like 60 or something like that and close to retirement so he had that "What the hell" mental situation going on.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:39 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I had a 9th grade Biology teacher who told us that he noticed little bumps on his young daughter's chest. He felt them with his thumb. He thought they were weird and took her to the doctor who told him they were "budding breasts." WTH! He's a bio teacher!!
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 9:45 PM on Aug. 22, 2009