Would you let your Kindergartener ride the bus with high school students? Why or why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in

• Nope.

Why? Because I still remember when I was a kinder riding the bus with high schoolers.

I
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 7:56 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• if that was the bus they had to take, yes.

I grew up in rural area and took bus from k-12 - all ages on the bus. youngest in the front and oldest in the back it was never a problem.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:59 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• If there were any alternative then no. If maybe the bus driver had the little ones separate from the older kids..... even then I wouldn't count on this since the driver has to pay attention to driving and not be a monitor of any children moving about. I think a kindergartner is too vulnerable, and some high school students pretty ready to pick on the little ones.

Answer by Bmat at 7:59 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• No! I didnt ride the bus until middle school but I remember the high schoolers cursing, fighting, and smoking at the back of the bus. I would NOT expose my kindergartener to that, nor even my elemantary school student. Is there a seperate bus to take? Or even car pool with another mother if you cannot take your child yourself?
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 8:01 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Nope! Never Ever! I remember what the kids did on the bus when I was younger. No way!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I live rurally.....if my child is public schooling and riding the bus, she'll be riding with all ages. More likely then not I'll end up driving her to school though.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 8:09 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Ours have to. The elementary and jr and high school are all right next to each other and combined there are maybe 300 students. I told our boys I could take them to school and they love riding the bus. Our oldest is 13 and he watches out for the younger 2. They have maybe a 15 minute ride, we live in a very small town of a pop of 600. If anything goes on ,on the bus I would know about it. I have to say we have a great bunch of kids at our schools. So no worries here.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:10 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• nope,who knows what they could do,bully them molest them
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 8:12 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• In kindergarten I had to ride w/ high schoolers. Once there wasn't anywhere for me to sit so this high school guy pulled me up into his lap and I rode to school like that...I don't know how I'd feel about that if it were my child. Sure not everyone has bad ideas, some of the kids probably really would stick up for a little one or help out a little kid like that...but there's that chance that it's a weirdo...ya know? Then another time the high schoolers found out that my best friend Eric and I were "boyfriend and girlfriend" and asked had we kissed yet, and then proceeded to get us to lay under the seats and kiss each other on the mouth....we got sent to the principles office where he had the paddle laid across his desk, but he just gave us a good talking to, didn't whoop us. I would say to answer your question, no I wouldn't. I wouldn't let them ride the bus anytime unless they're older and wanted to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• heck no i would walk her to school or drive her myself kids that young shouldnt be riding the same bus with highschoolers, thats a very dumb idea
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2009