I've never Cut myself until now...I dont want to do this to myself!!! Serious Venting

Ive never cut myself until now. Ive finally gotten to my breaking point and Ive just started. Im pregnant and am scared for me and my baby.

I do very small knicks, on my legs, knees or higher only. But whats weird is I dont do it quick like I know other people describe their problem, I do it slowly and it feels better as I do it longer. I dont know why I started, my unhappiness has just caught up to me.

The way I do it is what scares me more, its like the more I prolong what I am doing makes me feel better, I dont do a quick slash and thats it, I take my time.

Im so scared for whats next.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Health

• You can find someone to help you, dear. Let your OB know and she will find you the resources you need. If you have never done anything like that before...Than it could be your hormones going a lil nuts due to the pregnancy. You can find the help you need and we are hear to listen "read". Msg me if you need a friend.
    Darlinree

Answer by Darlinree at 8:34 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• The devil is attacking you cling to God and His Word the Bible-pray!
    Dear God-Please protect me from evil and evil forces
    - in Jesus name Amen

go watch the Jesus Film on my profile! God Bless You!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 8:21 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• it's less harmful than other vices and stress relievers... it's just not as pretty or socially acceptable as smoking or drinking. do what you have to do to get thru the day... so stay safe and stay sane and stay focused on the prize. Tomorrow is a new day and you WILL find a good cutting understanding therapist someday.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• or.... God has helped you find a MINIMALLY destructive form of self therapy until you find a professional to guide to you emotional and perhaps spiritual wholeness. If scraping your legs is what is your survival mode... there is nothing evil about that whatsoever.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:24 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• cutting yourself is a sin, pray to God for deliverance from this! I will pray for you too, If it makes you feel any better I had a terrible day!:0)
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 8:28 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• it's a lot more complicated than pray on it. you can't go to walmart and buy gum on sale to quit cutting. there aren't support groups in literally every church basement in town to stop cutting. you're alone until you find a properly trained therapist who you actually respect and who actually respects you. and this can take time. and it's complicated for moms due to shame and CPS type worries. Pray for God to lead to to a Godsend of a counselor.... impling she can be instantly healed from the addiction and obsession of cutting is setting her up to fail.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:30 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• it's no more of a sin than sex addiction, drugs, booze, smokes, etc... but finding someone to heal those afflications is MUCH more accessible. check out a book store, religious or secular in the self help section. How many books on self harm? Not so much .... you're on your own.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• well ok take her advice get a pro. but be ready to be locked up in a psyche ward!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 8:34 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• message me?
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 8:35 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• *sigh* It's 2009.... superficial cutting on ones legs is not a suicidal gesture WHATSOEVER..... it's a coping mechanism. Psyche ward? Way to scare her into not getting help... how brilliant.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:36 PM on Aug. 22, 2009