would you give your 6 mo old...

sweet potatoes from a restaraunt?
if she has hd them before and likes them?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:31 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• unless i was worried about an allergy, then yes i would
    Elizabeth1015

Answer by Elizabeth1015 at 8:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• at 6 months my son was eating everything.. i dont see the problem with it..
    RykersMom07

Answer by RykersMom07 at 8:34 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• i went to golden corral today with family and gave them to my daughter she loves them, and i heard this older lady talk to her husband about how she "Cannot believe a mother would do that..."
    my DD even looks a bit older than she really is it pissed me off and made me feel like a bad mother...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Absolutely. With my youngest I never even used baby food, he just ate a mashed up version of what I was eating. It was SOO much easier. With my oldest, I was very strict about "baby food only". I guess you live and learn. :)

Don't pay attention to people like that. THere is always going to be someone who has an opinion about what you're doing as a parent. Just do what you feel is right for your child.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 8:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• That "woman" obviously has no life if she has nothing better to do than worry about what you put in your child's body. In my opinion, I see nothing wrong with it. My 8 month old eats almost everything we do in her own portion size. You're her mom, you know what's best :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• You know what is funny though, just a few tables away from us there was a NEWBORN.. i asked how old she was she was 4 weeks and the mom was giving her DD piza, soda through a straw ice cream etc and this lady said NOTHING to her...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:58 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Yep
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 9:33 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Lol maybe she was talking about the other baby and not you then!
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 10:15 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Yes if it were smashed and cool enough so it doesn't burn. Sweet potatoes are good for you they have a lot of good vitamines.
    Bernie65

Answer by Bernie65 at 2:04 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• The only thing I would worry about is if they use honey in their sweet potatoes. If not, then I see nothing wrong with it.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:54 AM on Aug. 23, 2009