Is ok my six month old baby sleep on her tummy?

She has always slep on her back, but now she is 6.5 months and she started to sleep on her tummy.

yolaa

Asked by yolaa at 8:45 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes. Once they can turn onto their tummy themselves, you cant stop them from sleeping that way. And the risk of SIDS drops dramatically once they can turn over by themselves.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 8:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• i still wouldnt let her,my little always tried but i would turn her back over,rik of sids stops after they are one.hubby lost a child to sida that way.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Don't worry. Logically, if she can turn herself over she can turn herself back.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• can she roll over yet? or sit up? my dd pedi said if they can do these things that it is okay for them to sleep on their bellies. at that age and that development level, the risk of SIDS is highly reduced.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:56 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• If she is able to turn herself over, then there is no need to flip her back over. Agree with PP.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:13 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• If she get on her tummy by herself than I would leave her alone - she can turn over and is starting to decide for herself how she wants to sleep.
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 9:25 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I actually had to put my son on his tummy its the only way he would sleep. If she can put herself there no reason you have to roll her back. Just let her sleep how she wants the better she sleeps the better you sleep.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 9:29 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I was just about to ask this because my daughter just rolled over on her belly and I wasnt sure if I should flip her back over.
    I didnt because I dont want to wake her. She is 6months next week and can roll like a pro
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 10:13 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Yes it is ok for a 6 month old to sleep on their tummy. When my children were babies they wanted parents to have their baby sleep on their belly so they wouldn't chok in their sleep. It also helps with cradle cap on babies. My kids never had that issue because they sleep on their bellies when they were small. I think they still do. They are very healthy, and strong. They always eat right as in their veggies, meats, milk, and bread that was health for them also.
    Bernie65

Answer by Bernie65 at 1:15 AM on Aug. 23, 2009