Beck and his "reparations" comment?

Why is it ok for Glenn Beck to say that Obama's plan is for blacks to receive reparations (as a part of his "agenda")? That is a clearly a racist statement against black people. I know it's hard to believe, but most (I dare say almost ALL) black people don't go around wondering about and hoping for reparations. What a stupid thing to assert. Beck says that OBAMA has a problem with white people-I think Beck has a problem with black people. Why is no one calling him out on this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Why is "Obama's plan is for blacks to receive reparations" a racist statement??
    _____________________
    Because no matter what Beck likes to think, these policies affect POOR people, not just Black people. If it was reparations then it would only be Black people recieving the assistance. So in one fell swoop he just basically said all Blacks are poor, and all poor people are Black. And that, my dear, is a negative generalization, which is the definition of racist.

And to say that Obama only wants to help Black people is just stupid.

And anon :05, you better read again. That is not quoting Obama, it is right off of Beck's website. The Obama quote basically says why he DOESN'T believe in reparations, which he says is because it's not about money, it's about society in general. (paraphrasing)Better read again, and read the real quote, not Beck's editorial on it.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:18 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Can you show me where you saw this? Thanks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=glenn+beck+reparations+comment
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• It's on Glenn Beck's website. He is nothing but an ignorant racist. My God, if anyone can find a way to defend this I will be shocked. What a tool.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:58 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• HA! I have to laugh at this! He is quoting OBAMA! Obama said reparations are not enough! So Obama must hate white people, because free college, all black colleges, Test score leans, and actual reparations given to families who's ancestors were really slaves are not enough!
    If I were to Open an ALL WHITE college I would be racist but blacks can do it! Look stop trying to make Glenn out to be a racist when in fact Obama and his wife have said more then enough "HATE SPEECH" of their own. Maybe you should listen to Obama's fave preacher's sermons. maybe then you will sing a different tune!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Why is "Obama's plan is for blacks to receive reparations" a racist statement?? Is the topic of reparations a racist thing? I am seriously confused as to what you mean by that being racist. There are politicians who want blacks to receive reparations. Is that racist for me to say that? I am REALLY confused! I should just go to bed!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:05 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Barack Obama has never called for reperations, EVER!

THIS is the defination of fear mongering, He has really lost it...or he is really laughing at all the people he is able to fool and get all riled up...even he himself calls himself an ENTERTAINER not a journalist. He is laughing all th eway to the bank
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:11 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• micheledo- how would you as a white person if a black politician said, "McCain's agenda is to advance the KKK"? Would you think of that as a racist statement against white people- most of which are not card-carrying members of that extremest hate group? Wouldn't you as a white person get offended? As a black person, I get offended that Beck says such things. I get offended because it's not true.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• So you are saying calling for reparations is equal to the KKK. I am not for reparations but I don't see how wanting them is racist? Are those who want reparations also asking for the death of white people? That is why I am confused. While it may not be true, how is it racist??
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:16 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Obama's hate speech!
    He makes a comment about Asians being short. Maybe he never heard of Yao Ming.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl22ZUVdz9A

His white racist Grandmother is a typical white person.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8gnmUyminI&feature=related

Oh don't forget Michelle! Cause we all know white supremacists hang out at the gas station just waiting to shoot a black man!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvWw353r2b0&feature=related

Please if Beck is Racist so its Obama
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Aug. 22, 2009