how much did you spend for school

clothes books ect, where did you shop mostly did you or your kids get to pick out the clothes ect,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in

• I spent about $250 on clothing $160 on sneakers b/c they wear mens sizes. $60 on school supplies. Clothing bought at Old Navy ,school supplies at Target ... This is for 2 children one is in middle school so he needed more supplies than his younger brother ...
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 9:03 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Everything for four children under 100 dollars at wal mart and thrift stores
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• About $110...uniforms and school supplies. I do need to get a couple more uniforms, though, so it will probably go up another $40.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:17 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• We spent close to a 1000 dollars for two children. We shopped at Kmart, Walmart, Shoe Carnival, Ross', and Old Navy. My hubby and I took the kids with us and they got to pick out their clothes as long as we were okay with it as well. Broken down we spent 80 on school supplies, 200 on shoes, and 650 on clothing.
    mamasangels2009

Answer by mamasangels2009 at 9:18 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Well all together I think about 250. I don't know how much on what because I didn't really keep track. My kids got to pick their own clothes but it had to be aproved by hubby or myself first. We did most of the supply shopping at Walmart and the clothes shopping at Kmart. We also hit up Staples while they were doing their 1 cent sales.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:29 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Well, a couple thousand to start with. There is tuition, an application fee done every year which is about $500, security card to get in the door $80, fees for pizza day for the year, fees for ballet lessons, fees for all kinds of things. Then on top of that every month we pay his tuition about $800. And this is just for preschool. His school clothes are just what he wears day to day, so no need to buy special back to school stuff. Materials are covered through tuition but things come up during the year. Well worth every single penny.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:30 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• clothes n shoes 40 dollars n them 10 dollars on school things
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• $85 registration fee, $100 on clothes/shoes (if that), $30 on school supplies. That doesn't include all the other things that will crop up over the school year for class projects, field trips, etc. He is in 8th grade and the 8th grade field trip is $1000 plus spending money. He goes to public school, so those that THINK public school is free, is crazy. If I added up all the little things I pay for throughout the year, I could pay for Catholic school tuition. I think any money on spend on my son's education is well worth it and I will spend whatever I need to for him to get a good education.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:25 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• So far I have bought for my 2 kids (kindergarten and 2nd grade):

Kindergartner:
    2 new pairs of jeans. ($22)
    New socks ($12)
    New underware ($10)
    Backpack ($20)
    Lunchbox ($8)
    New shoes ($45)

2nd grader
    new shoes ($45)
    1 pair of jeans ($10)
    backpack ($20) came with free lunch box
    socks ($12)

They do not have school supply lists. Next week we will get a "wish list" for each class. I plan on picking up 2 items for each class. (more if items are cheap). I buy things for them year round, so when they need something they get it.
    This not does include the sports they do, as they are not run by the school.
    CrazedMomof2

Answer by CrazedMomof2 at 12:36 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I spent four bucks - a 5 subject notebook and a pack of pencils for the 15 YO, the 8 YO had her birthday not long ago and got all her stuff then. (dh on unpaid furlough from his job). If there's anything left after the mortgage on my next payday, DS gets 2 new pairs of jeans.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 7:36 AM on Aug. 23, 2009