Is it normal for the baby slow its movements down like the week before it is born.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would think so, the baby doesn't have much room to move around.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Yes it is normal for the movements to slow a little bit but a drastic change should be a concern. Mine always moved a good bit til like 8 months and then they would settle down just a little. But still steady movements. Good Luck
    mamasangels2009

Answer by mamasangels2009 at 9:08 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• From what I've heard the baby can start slowing down the last month or two before it's born. Less space to move and with moving down into the pelvic area. As long as you are still feeling the baby move regularly or with the same amount of pressure I'd say your still good. If you don't feel the baby move at all you need to go get check out at L&D cause he/she could be in distress.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 2:31 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• yes because they are getting bigger and the room is still small. my second son moved until he came out. but my dr made me do kick counts and told me he would slow down on moving he wouldn't stop moving but he would slow down. just make sure he's moving. if you don't feel him moving it could be something bad (my dr says you wanna feel him move 10 times in an hour) call your dr if that happens
    bkwrmem

Answer by bkwrmem at 6:18 AM on Aug. 23, 2009