Is pregnancy sickness (nausea) any indication of health of pregnancy and/or baby?

I have read research that supports the thought that morning sickness is a good sign of a healthy pregnancy. Do you agree? Why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just going from what happened with me, I'd answer no. I had no sickness and a no issues. Our son was a picture of health. 9 lbs 6.5 oz and a 9.6 APAGAR score.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:28 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• everyone is different, morning sickness is just another normal symptom of pregnancy. the reason they call it "morning" sickness is because most ppl feel sick in the morning from not eating all night. in your first trimester your blood sugar is all wacked out and that's why some feel sick at different times in the day too.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 9:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I asked my doctor, and he said it doesn't really show any sign either way. There are plenty of people who experience morning sickness, yet have problems in the pregnancy and vice versa. I had no morning sickness and am currently almost 9 months and have had no problems and have so far what appears to be a perfectly healthy baby.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 10:03 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• i dont think that is true. ive had no morning sickness an my baby is perfectly healthy. maybe someone said morning sickness is a good sign so it would keep the mom thinking yay! this is good! when really it sucks throwing up all the time? i have no idea but i dont think its true.
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 12:44 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Well,IMO it is yes and no. With 4 out of 6 pregnancies I was sick a lot. With the 2 that I wasn't sick I miscarried one and we are waiting on this one to come on out any time now, But even one were I was ill I miscarried too. I do find it "calming" some how to me if I am sick bacause of the old wives tale that the sicker you are the better the pergnancy is taking, but it is just an old wives tale.
    littleredpony

Answer by littleredpony at 7:25 AM on Aug. 23, 2009