2nd pregnancy and im getting scared...

I just went through this whole going in labor thing about 17 months ago, and im due in October with my 2nd baby and im getting scared about going into labor.....Is this normal for a 2nd pregnancy?

CandyMama231

Asked by CandyMama231 at 9:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was way more anxious over my second because I knew how bad it really did hurt. I think it is normal to be scared. I wasn't scared at all with my first, but I had no idea how painful it was really going to be. I just took what I learned from the first one, 1. Ask for the epidural before the pain is to bad. 2. Stay calm and listen to the doctors and nurses. 3. Don't worry about what others think (how loud you are, how akward you look, am I being weak...). It is normal to be scared, don't be afraid to talk to your doctor and SO about it. Support helped me a lot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Absolutely, especially if you had a traumatic labor and delivery. Did you have any problems last time? It is normal to worry about all of it as every pregnancy is different. We all want our little ones coming out alright and for us to be healthy as well, it is such a big thing. It helps to talk about that kind of stuff. I hope you can resolve some of your fears and have a good time during your pregnancy. :)
    LisaPisa

Answer by LisaPisa at 9:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Well i was induced with my 1st and i went 13 hours without pain meds. i wasnt gonna get the epidural so i told them to just give me morphine and THAT didnt help so i asked for something stronger and that helped for like 20 minutes then OMG the pain started coming harder and faster so i eventually got the epidural and didnt feel nothing....I was on cloud 9 but no pain =). Anyways I had her and she was born with VATER Syndrome. She had to stay in NICU for 3 weeks, and she had her 1st surgery at 3 days old....I guess im just afraid of something being wrong with this 1 too....
    CandyMama231

Answer by CandyMama231 at 9:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Oh yes, it is normal!!! I never once worried about labor and delivery with my frst. With my second, I thought about it a few times and it would scare me a little. I tried not to think about it but as soon as labor started I freaked out a little, ok, alot, LOL! I remembered the pain, and it came rushing back to me!! If only I would have known that would be the shortest delivery (3 1/2 hrs) start to finish. Usually the second comes faster, so you can just think about that!!!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 10:47 PM on Aug. 22, 2009