Would you accept the prayers of someone other than a christian?

If someone of another faith were praying for you, would you be happy? What if someone doesn't pray, but instead offers up good thoughts to their idea of a god...would you be ok with that?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think praying is totally pointless. But I know others see it as some sort of act of compassion. It's the thought that counts. If they think it's a nice thing for them to do, then I appreciate the thought.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 9:38 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Why would someone who wasn't a christian be praying? praying is for the christian faith. And no i wouldn't want someone praying to some random God for me, it is useless. i pray in jesus's name only, because that is the only God
    angels4262

Answer by angels4262 at 9:40 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Umm, many different faiths pray. Take Muslims for example. I believe they pray several times a day. Praying is not exclusive to christians. WOW....talk about an arrogant religion.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:44 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Yes, I would be happy (so long as they aren't praying to the devil and the like). There are other religions out there that pray to the same God, but have different practices of their faith and those prayers I wouldn't mind getting. Prayers are an act of faith and hope. I would love to get prayers from others...its shows that they care and love you very much. =)
    AneesasMom

Answer by AneesasMom at 9:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• as long as they were praying to God, the God of the holy scriptures, sure.(as an xtian, i don't believe in other gods..) and anytime someone wants to send positive thoughts, or blessings, or 'wish good luck' my way..bring 'em! i can use all the reinforcement i can get!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Yep.
    LisaPisa

Answer by LisaPisa at 9:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Angels - Non-Christians pray to who/whatever the believe in for the same reasons Christians pray to God/Jesus --- it is not a Christian-exclusive practice.

To answer the question, though, it wouldn't bother me a bit. To me, praying is for the pray-er... not the pray-ee. See, I don't believe prayer makes any difference in the outcome of events. Whatever is, just is. Whatever is going to happen is going to happen. But, if it makes someone feel good, hopeful, useful, etc to pray.... then by all means... go for it. (that doesn't mean I want to hear the prayers, though... that gets annoying pretty fast.... just sayin.... :-P)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 9:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Laura: I agree with you. I think praying is another way to send out positve energy and that ripples out to everyone. The more positive energy we give out the better; regardless of the god/goddesses/stars etc being prayed too.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:50 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Laura( yeah your right, other people do pray to their false Gods, but i don't consider that real prayer, only true prayer is in the name of Jesus, who is the only God
    angels4262

Answer by angels4262 at 9:50 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• They will fall upon the deaf ears of the dead pagan and heathen gods that they are addressed too.
    There is no power in their prayers and no I would not accept prayers from someone that was not saved and living for Jesus. It would be of no use at all and totally meaningless. I also do not go to the priests and refer to them as Father. I need no one to carry my prayers to God's ears. Jesus is always listening. I could whisper and He would hear me. I can think it and He would respond. I know that for a fact. He listened and responded when I was in a coma. I heard my husband praying and asking God to take him and let me live. I answered my husband...I thought; however, I never opened my eyes and he says that I never spoke. So God woke me and I know He hears even the ones that cannot speak. He knows the heart before we ever utter a word.
    What an awesome living and righteous God I serve.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 9:52 PM on Aug. 22, 2009