For people so against food stamps, what would you do if something happened in your family and you couldn't feed your children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I dont think people are "against" food stamps for such a situation. BUT they have gotten a bad reputation by people why make their lives living off the government (aka taxpayer money)
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:40 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I would get a job. I don't care if I have to shake my arse on a pole to feed my son I will.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• im on foodstamps right now anonymous.. is that wrong?

oh, i am also working and so is my daughters father.... its until we get on our feet more. we qualify, we are not cheating it, but right now, we cannot afford our bills and are doing as much as possible. When we are on our feet, (hopefully a couple months) we wont be on EBT anymore...

i see it as do as much as possible to take care of yourself your family and your kids. No matter what. And, we ARE.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:45 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I'm against people who get on PA never to come off. Once there, they just stop ever attempting ot come off and by self-sufficient ever again. If you (or someone you know) need help, go get it. Just don't make it a forever thing. That is what it is there for.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:47 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

Awfully presumptuous. How do you know for sure the strip club would consider you good enough?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• They would go on Food Stamps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Show me one person that isn't a blue question mark, that's against food stamps.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:57 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Awfully presumptuous. How do you know for sure the strip club would consider you good enough?
    oh, snap! lol
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:57 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• haha if you can shake ur butt on stage your even lowering yourself more than having food stamps....also why not use the goverments money if you really need it!!!! because there's alot of people using it that dont need it .. i would rather want people doing something good with it and use it if ur in need of it. and alot of woman can't strip simply because thier unattractive or over weight!!!!
    mellyhayes

Answer by mellyhayes at 9:57 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Well, we grow our own and raise our own. Despite the fact that my husband has been out of work for a large part of the year we eat well because we don't depend on grocery stores for our food. More people need to take their own well being into their hands (literally) and leave the consumer mentality behind.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Aug. 22, 2009