Overweight And Pregnant?

I was overweight when I got pregnant. I'm four months now and have gained about 5 to 6 pounds. Is it true someone that someone overweight usually gains less when they are pregnant??

tagansmybaby

Asked by tagansmybaby at 9:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure about overweight women automatically gaining less but I know that overwiegnt women are suppose to gain less, but only by a few pounds I think.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 9:47 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• i started out at 196 and ended up at 226 andmy son was brn and weighed 8lbs 3oz....my doc never yelled at me cause myweight gaine was gradual and consistant....so as long as youeat ok and lay of the pop and sugarry drinks youll be ok....best of luck
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 9:47 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I am over weight. My doctor told me that in the nine months I should gain 0 to 15 pounds. I ended up loosing 25 pounds from morning sickness and gaining 17 of that back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I started off overweight & was told not to gain more than 15lbs. I'm at 30weeks & have already gained 25lbs all together. It just depends on the person. It was harder for me to gain less being unable to exersize normally (I've been on & off bedrest my entire pregnancy). It just depends on the person.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 10:04 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• My sister was overweight when she got pregnant, and she lost a few lbs in the beginning. When she delivered, she only weighed 7 1/2 lbs more than when she started!! AND the baby weighed 9lb 9oz! Me however, I was not so fortunate :( With my 2nd I started at 188lbs ( I am 5'9) and I ended up at 255lbs. EVeryone is different, you never know.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I conceived at 193. last appt weighed 184. still losing but I only go by the docs scale...20 week appt in a few days so we will see. My doc gave me the same 15-20 pound target, but I can't seem to even maintain, much less gain. and I feel like I eat like a pig! it just depends on the person though. just keep in mind that the docs give that number as a target, not a set don't gain any more than this number. but the targets are there for a reason, to watch out for your health and help you to be as healthy as possible
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Aug. 23, 2009